GMS – Groundwater Modeling System
Create 3D models with speed & implicity using GMS – the most intuitive & capable platform for groundwater & subsurface simulations
Aquaveo GMS Premium is the most intuitive and capable software platform used to create groundwater and subsurface simulations in a 3D environment.
“I’ve used GMS for over 15 years on a wide variety of modeling and visualization projects. The conceptual model approach/tools and continuing improvements to the software allow me to efficiently develop cost-effective models for clients who are always concerned about their budget. The Aquaveo development team is very responsive to questions/suggestions and the online discussion group is a great forum for both users and developers…”
Speed up & simplify model building with the conceptual model approach in GMS:
We pioneered conceptual modeling and have refined it over many years. That’s why GMS is the quickest and most intuitive groundwater modeling interface available. Construct a high level representation of the model using familiar GIS objects: points, arcs and polygons and easily update the model as needed.
3D visualization optimized for performance:
GMS is the most advanced software system available for performing groundwater simulations in a three-dimensional environment.
– Interact with models in true 3D
– Optimized OpenGL graphics for improved hardware rendering
– Create photo-realistic renderings
– Generate animations for PowerPoint or web presentations
– Drape images over the model and control the opacity
– Annotations – Add north arrows, scale bars, reference images, company logos, and more
Import a variety of data formats & imagery:
Models require data from many different sources. That’s why GMS is built to easily import numerous file types:
– Raster images including georeference and projection support
– Topographical maps & elevation data
– Borehole data including stratigraphy and geophysical data
– Native MODFLOW files
– MODFLOW files from Visual MODFLOW, Groundwater Vistas and PM Win
– Web data services such as TerraServer
– ArcGIS geodatabases and shapefiles
– CAD files including .dwg, .dgn, and .dxf formats
– Worldwide projection support including Cartesian and Geographic Systems
– File Import wizard for delimited text files and spreadsheets
Advanced subsurface characterization:
From cross-section editing to advanced probability statistics, GMS offers unparalleled subsurface modeling tools.
– Generate iso-surfaces from 3D data to visualize plumes
– Cut cross-sections anywhere through 3D data
– 2D & 3D geostatistics – Kriging, IDW and Natural Neighbor
– Robust and fast algorithms to create solids from horizons
Software from an Industry Leader:
GMS is developed by Aquaveo, an engineering services company with many years of experience developing groundwater modeling solutions.
– Step-by-step tutorials and how-to videos
– Online community forum and product documentation
– Phone and email technical support
– Regularly scheduled training courses taught by expert modelers
– On-site training available
– Professional consulting services