⇨ IMPORTANT: These brushes are compatible only with the iOS app Procreate for iPad. They won’t work in Photoshop or other digital drawing/editing softwares. ⇦
Installation guide PDF download (make sure you have the latest version of Procreate installed – brushes are now provided as sets instead of single .brush files) https://bit.ly/2xnXoTq
► A set of 12 handmade vintage engraving style brushes for Procreate. These brushes were inspired by old illustrations and engravings, that often feature a lot of linework and crosshatching.
• 8 Engraving brushes: use these brushes by alternating and layering your strokes angles (crosshatching) for creating shadows/denser areas. Tip: use the same brush as an eraser to “cut” through the strokes and create the illusion of a gradient.
• 4 Engraving pattern brushes: these brushes can be used for filling large areas, such as backgrounds.
- 1 regular version (horizontal + vertical)
- 1 grunge/aged version (horizontal + vertical)
You can combine the horizontal & vertical brushes to create new patterns.
(See swatches pictures for more details).
► You will receive a ZIP containing the 12 brushes, in .brushset format.
To use these brushes, you will need:
- The iPad app Procreate (the brushes will only work in Procreate)
- An iPad + stylus: even though the brushes will work with other iPad models and third party styluses, I recommend the iPad Pro + Apple Pencil combo, as they’re currently the most precise & accurate tools for drawing in Procreate. The brushes were created & tested using an Apple Pencil so I cannot guarantee that they will behave as advertised with third party styluses.